Popular Posts

Monday, April 11, 2011

Honor Fidelity and Zeal

One day my daughter and I were looking through an old scrap book of some photo's and awards I received while serving in the U.S. Navy. She quickly asked me what the awards and medals meant. The one award that attracted her attention was my good conduct award. The words honor, fidelity and zeal are words attached to this particular award. I simply told her that the Navy was based on honor, fidelity and zeal. Those three words have stayed with me long after I left the Navy. In looking over my 17 years those traits have stayed a part of my character not only during my naval service,but with any company that I worked for after I retired.I'm proud to have served and to belong to a life long brotherhood of both men and women who have served in the armed forces and who are serving now. I would like to thank them all for there service.

No comments:

Post a Comment